The course is designed to provide individuals with the vital information and skills needed to be able to identify the dangers associated with environmental cleaning. Hypodermic needles, sharps and bodily fluids are all potential biohazards. Attendees will also learn how to limit the chance of exposure through risk reduction, how to stay within the law, how to respond to a situation safely and how we restore areas back to their original state.
Our awareness training is suitable for anyone who may come into contact with Blood Borne diseases also known as Bio Hazards. These groups of people may include:
- Staff of residential accommodation
- Those handling human remains (such as morticians, embalmers and forensic pathologists)
- Prison service staff in regular contact with inmates
- Emergency front line responders (such as the police and fire and rescue services)
- Local authority services (refuse disposal and street cleaners or housing officers)
- Designated First-Aider in any occupation setting
- Property developers
- Demolition workers
- Estate managers
Within the course content:
- Types of biohazard and where found
- An awareness into the category of people known to be at high risk of contracting a Bloodborne Pathogen
- The dangers surrounding bodily fluids
- Different types of diseases that can be contracted
- The different sort of Biohazards they may come across
- Risk elimination
- Actions to take if any potential material is identified
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- Action to be taken on accidental needle-stick injury
The course is usually held for half a day totalling 4 hours including coffee breaks. The course is normally held on client premises, and delivered specifically for their employees. If required, the course can be held at a convenient venue.
We are committed to supporting our delegates and promoting a safe working environment therefore, upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to access information regarding biohazard awareness related issues from our professionally qualified and experienced staff.
Why choose Rising Stars for your Bio Hazard Awareness Training?
There will be lots of discussion, group work and trainer led information delivery. The candidates specific environment will be very much taken into consideration. If appropriate there will be practical demonstrations and participation by candidates in a safe practice to meet their needs.
If you’re interested in taking part, please contact us today!